WRAPPED: Senator Kelly’s First Year in Office
Thursday, December 2nd, 2021 marks Senator Kelly’s first year serving Arizonans in the Senate.
In that time, Senator Kelly has:
- Visited all 15 Arizona counties;
- Traveled 9,824 miles across Arizona, 5,050 in the air;
- Spoken directly with 85 Arizona mayors;
- Kept his commitment to post his official schedule;
- Introduced 21 bipartisan bills and amendments and cosponsored 169 pieces of bipartisan legislation;
- Passed COVID-19 relief that kept small businesses and families afloat;
- Returned more than $10 million and closed more than 4,000 cases for Arizonans seeking help from the federal government;
- Negotiated landmark deals to lower the price of prescription drugs and increase microchip manufacturing;
- Shaped and passed a bipartisan infrastructure law.
12 News: “Arizona Senator Mark Kelly signs deal lowering the price of prescription drugs”